Some girls come home after a raucous happy hour and still manage to remove their contact lenses and make up. Some of them set aside time every night, no matter what, to pumice their feet, apply moisturizer and cover their tootsies with cotton socks. Some of them even polish their nails to match their ensemble, which they already laid out, for the next day.
I am not her. She is not me. I’ve come to terms with it and use these tricks to preserve my pretty despite my lazy.
- Makeup remover wipes e’rywhere. Near the front door, in the trinket box next to the sofa, at the desk, under pillows… Some disagree and I get it. A lot of days, when I’m able to go home directly after work and remain sober all night, I do the whole skin care regimen thing. I cleanse, exfoliate, tone, apply serum and moisturize. I do the damned thing. But sometimes I just want to remove the bra and fall into bed. Something has to be better than nothing and I’m OK with that.
- Get over it and get your entire body waxed. Or lasered. Why contort yourself weekly (or daily for the truly Sasquatch) and waste ten minutes of chill time for hairlessness?
- Gel manis, of course. Yeah, they destroy your nails. And?
- Amopé Pedi Perfect. You can condense half an hour of foot filing and pumicing to 10 minutes or less. The motorized file allows you to have silky smooth heels with little to no elbow grease.
- Store any nighttime hair needs beneath your sleep pillow. I’m talking bonnets, scarves, scrunchies, maybe even a brush or comb. Please note: I suggested a brush OR a comb. Having both beneath your pillow is pushing it. And definitely don’t put product under there. Your bed’s not an Aveda Salon. There should be some limits to your laziness.
Let me know some of your lazy girl beauty hacks. Believe me. They’ll be greatly appreciated.