Got some leftover collard greens? Understand that pasta is the gift that keeps on giving? This easy and vegan pasta recipe is perfect for you!
With a half bunches of both collard greens and kale left over and a commitment to try to reduce my food waste, I whipped this “recipe” up quickly and easily. Why the quotation marks? It’s that easy and you can freak it any way you want. And who doesn’t need a new vegan pasta recipe?
Need another creative vegan collard greens recipe? Try my Caribbean Collard Green Coleslaw. Try another one of my favorite Italian recipes that features delicious greens with my Escarole + White Bean Soup. Also, to see me cook and travel on my plate, check out my IG @daphnedebauchee
Linguine w/ Collards
- 1 lb linguine
- 1/2 bunch collard greens chiffonade
- 1/2 bunch kale chiffonade
- 1 red onion sliced thinly
- 6 -10 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup roasted tomato optional
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 1 tsp basil dried
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- 2 cups roasted oyster mushrooms* optional, see notes for instructions
- Boil linguine or spaghetti until al dente, remove, drain and set aside reserving the water
- Set aside 1 cup of the pasta water for later
- Blanche the greens and kale for 2 minutes and then remove, draine and set aside
Now for the base
- Heat olive oil on medium low in large pot
- Add onion and cook until translucent
- Add garlic and sauté for 2 or 3 minutes
Make it happen!
- Add tomato, oregano, basil, crushed pepper and salt to taste to the oil and sauté for 4 or 5 minutes
- Add in collards, kale, and pasta, making sure all the pasta is thoroughly combined (see notes for roasted oyster mushrooms instructions*
- Add the reserved pasta water as necessary to keep things moving
- Squeeze a lil lemon juice through out and it’s done!
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Toss mushrooms in oil (I used avocado) and sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika (or any spice you like)
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet, not to close together
- Roast 10 minutes, remove and press them slightly to release moisture
- Turn them over and roast on the other side for 10 additional minutes